Trivent Publishing started as a fully open access publisher, but it now also publishes non-open access titles. We fully support the open access movement which is why we try to make it as easy as possible for authors to publish OA with us.
Trivent Publishing does not charge for publishing non-open access publications. However, open access is a type of publication which needs financial support, therefore we are bound to have article and book processing charges (APCs and BPCs). As compared to other publishers on the market, our open access processing charges are minimal and competitive, precisely because we want encourage authors towards open access.
We have two types of APCs:
- For publications resulting from conferences (either proceedings or collected volumes of extended articles), the publication charge is included in the conference participation fee and it varies depending on the conference and the number of articles to be included in the volume.
- For publications independent of conferences, there is an agreed fee similar to that of proceedings but paid independently.
Our publication charges are kept to a minimum and cover the following costs: the editorial and technical process, graphic design, online hosting, ensuring accessibility and free access to all readers, competitive considerations, market conditions. Adjustments in APCs are under regular review and are subject to change.
The APC price for the publication of one article in any one of our series is € 200.
A precise quote for book publication costs will be provided upon receiving all relevant information on the type of publication desired. However, please see below the approximate prices for volume publications:
- Volume publication, up to 500 pages € 1900 + VAT
- Volume publication, over 500 pages € 2400 + VAT
Get in touch if you have questions about Open Access or if you are interested in publishing Open Access with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OA Publishing Ethics
In order for Trivent Publishing to be able to publish and disseminate the author’s work, we need a publishing agreement with the author. This agreement deals with the transfer or license of the copyright to Trivent while authors retain significant rights to use and share their own published articles. In case of open access distribution, authors will have the right to:
- Share their article for personal and scholarly purposes (including scholarly rights to create certain derivative works), as long as they give proper attribution and credit to the published work
- Retain patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights (including raw research data).
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
All articles published in open access are subject to a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0) licence which allows users to copy and share the article, provided original work is properly cited and that this is not done for commercial purposes. Users may not remix, transform, or build upon the material and may not distribute the modified material. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/). All open access articles are identified by the Creative Commons copyright statement which appears on the first page of each article.