Publishing the Middle Ages
PUBLISHING THE MIDDLE AGES – A DISCUSSION WITH TRIVENT MEDIEVAL'S SERIES EDITORS
Trivent Medieval is organizing a special event during the 2021 International Medieval Congress (IMC) in Leeds (5-9 July 2021). “Publishing the Middle Ages – A Discussion with Trivent Medieval’s Series Editors” will be an open and enjoyable discussion about new approaches to publishing medieval studies. The event is hosted by Trivent Medieval, the main imprint of Trivent Publishing, and will be joined by the series editors of most of Trivent’s book series. The editors will talk about the vision of their series as well as their ideas concerning new publications in their fields. We welcome all colleagues interested in various fields of medieval studies as the discussion will be diverse and will include the following topics (based on the book series):
• History and Art, by Gerhard Jaritz (Central European University) and Monica Ann Walker Vadillo (University of Oxford);
• Eastern European Visual Culture and Byzantium, by Alice Isabella Sullivan (University of Michigan) and Maria Alessia Rossi (Princeton University);
• Mediterranean Studies, by Damien Kempf (University of Liverpool);
• History and Archaeology of South-Eastern Europe, by Suzana Miljan and Ljubica Perinić (Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts);
• Renovatio - Studies in the Carolingian World, by Matthew Bryan Gillis (University of Tennessee, Knoxville);
• Equestrian History, by Anastasija Ropa (Latvian Academy of Sport Education) and Timothy Dawson;
• The Papacy and Medieval Christendom, by Brett Edward Whalen (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill);
• Medievalism, by Karl Christian Alvestad (University of South-East Norway);
• Gender in the Middle Ages, by Michelle M. Sauer (University of North Dakota);
• The International Journal of Equine and Equestrian History, by Anastasija Ropa (Latvian Academy of Sport Education) and Miriam A. Bibby (University of Glasgow)
If you are attending the IMC and you have questions about publishing with us or publishing in general, join us on Tuesday, 6 July 2021, starting 18:30 UK time. Don’t be shy, everyone and any questions are welcome! If you’d like to pose a question in advance to be answered during the event, email your question to our publisher, Teodora Artimon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The access link to the event will be available here: https://imc2021.pathable.eu/meetings/virtual/grP7Z3rXgw3b9YjrP.
TRIVENT PUBLISHING AT THE IMC BOOKFAIR
Trivent will be exhibiting its books at the virtual bookfair of the 2021 International Medieval Congress in Leeds from Monday 05 July to Friday 09 July 2021. Visit our online booth and take advantage of all the discounts on our history titles!
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL MEDIEVAL CONGRESS IN LEEDS
Drawing medievalists from over 60 countries, with more than 2,000 individual papers as well as public concerts, performances, excursions, bookfairs and more, the International Medieval Congress is Europe’s largest forum for sharing ideas in medieval studies. IMC 2021 will take place online from Monday 05 July to Friday 09 July 2021.